All day I was thinking about this cute cardigan restyle I saw on A Beautiful Mess blog last night. I had an old grey cardigan kicking around and some cute floral print fabric so I figured why not? It was pretty easy and took about 1 1/2 hours to do from start to finish. It made me realize how much I need to go supply shopping so I can do more fun projects like this!
1. Supplies: Old cardigan, floral printed fabric, sewing kit, scissors, and a measuring tape. Not shown: paper, Sharpie and a pen.
2. Mark an “X” on the spot where your elbow is. I got the boy to help me out on this one.
3. Measure how large you want your heart to be. I choose 5 inches in height for mine.
4. Mark onto a piece of paper 5 inches in height and then in width to create a grid for your heart shape. Now just like in kindergarten fold the paper in half to cut the heart.
5, 6, & 7. On the back of the fabric trace the heart shape 2 times and then cut them out.
8. Pin the heart fabric over the “X” on the sleeves and then hand stitch the heart to the sleeve. It’s ok if it’s not perfect, it makes it look hand-made with love!
Try it out for yourself if you have any old cardigans kicking around. It would look fabulous on other long sleeve shirts too like a flannel plaid button up or a zip up hoodie.